Registration in Destination
Saving your time
After vehicle(s) arrives to the destination country, receiver need to proceed some import expenses regarding final registration process.
Import expenses such as (taxes, customs duty and Vat) at the European import port according to European law as of 2022.
List of the extra payments below regarding European countries:
1. PORT CLEARING AGENT IN DESTINATION
After buying the car, the new owner need to book a Port Clearing Agent at the destination country.
Port Clearing Agent will take care of following process for you;
Customs clearance, container unloading and handover.
We have approved agents in several countries, so we can help you to get best offer for you.
Price: approx. 300 USD / car
2. CUSTOMS DUTY & VAT
Customs duty need to be paid in order to collect your vehicle from the destination port agent.
Your Port Clearing Agent will do the customs clearance for you.
• 10% EU Customs Duty from shipping fee.
• 10% EU Customs Duty from the car purchase price.
• 17% - 27% VAT from the car purchase price(depending the VAT policy in the destination country).
Your destination Port Clearing Agent will assist you to make process done.
Temporary registration plates you can collect from nearest registration center and after that you have already license to drive the car in destination country.
3. CoC -DOCUMENT AND CAR REGISTRATION
Certificate of Conformity(CoC) is an official document of a car.
This document often simplifies the import registration inspection process of a car.
The document shows that the vehicle meets the statutory admission requirements.
What documents do you need to order the CoC?
Copy of the Registration Document
Vin Numer and Vehicle Model
Car Invoice (optional)
Where to order CoC?
You can order CoC from TÜV NORD(email@example.com) or Official Dealer of the vehicle brand.
Price: Starting from 100 USD.
Import Registration Inspection:
In the Registration Centre of the destination Country.
Price: approx. 200 USD.
4. EXTRA CAR TAX
(THIS ADDITIONAL TAX ONLY IN FINLAND)
Approx. after 3 months after the car is imported, owner need to pay the Finnish Car Tax.
View links below. THIS PRITICULAR TAX ONLY IN FINLAND.
EXAMPLE OF TOTAL COST ESTIMATE CALCULATION IN USD
Ford Mustang Ecoboost, year 2015
• Asking price starting in the UAE: 10,600 USD
• Car Tax: approx. 11,900 USD (THIS ADDITIONAL TAX ONLY IN FINLAND)
• Shipping fees Dubai - Europe starting from 940 USD / CAR(when shipping 3 cars in 1 container)
• VAT examples; Germany Vat 19% = 2,014 USD • Finland Vat 24% = 2,544 USD
• 10% Customs Duty: 1,060 USD
• Customs clearance at the destination port: 300 USD
• Easy Go -service fees: 399 USD
• 10% Customs Duty of shipping: 94 USD
• Registration fees: 200 USD
• CoC document: 100 USD
Car registered in Germany: Total 15,707 $
Car registered in Finland: Total 28,137 $